How to use Instagram for your brand
Did you know that Instagram has more than 500 million active users per month? What's going on with the users who interact more on this social media platform than others?
You might think that Instagram is not business-focused, but there are many advantages when using this tool. That is why I am going to tell you how to use Instagram for your brand in a productive way.
Decalogue of good practices
1. Company profile. This type of a priori profile was limited only to major brands, but is has been a while since Instagram decided to open it all. It's advantages? A contact button, access to metrics to measure the effectiveness of your content and the ability to promote your content. All this for free and in a few simple steps.
2. Do not post to publish. It seems obvious, but it is not. Set a specific strategy for Instagram with SMART objectives (What has been, Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, and marked objectives in a timeline)
3. Look for inspiration and aspiration. Select a series of photographs that convey the sensations that you would like to relate to your brand and imitate the good points. Colors, order in general and harmony have favored purchases since time immemorial. It is no coincidence that, for decades, merchandising experts recommend, for example, organizing the clothes of a store based on the chromatic range. Combining colors also works on Instagram, making your followers spend more time on your account.
4. Link with your website, especially with your products or your post. How can you do it? Iglink is one of the best tools; with it you can link each publication independently.
5. Stories or dynamic publications. We are talking about a tool with a better commitment to Instagram and a simple way to reach users who are not yet part of your community. Let´s list the tricks so that you get your followers do not want to miss anything:
- Demonstrate to be spontaneous and natural, teach yourself everyday, take risks with the content, since at the worst, this one will disappear in only 24 hours.
- Use hashtags and placements to tag your content and expand your impressions
- Promote your products, offers and links, as far as possible with your website, although for this you must reach 10.000 followers
- Use the videos, you do not need a super production to record a video, especially if this will not always be present. Record and show your day to day activities.
- And finally, poll your users, imply them. Ask them about content of interest, about products, possible offers… and above all, use the information you get.
6. Relationship. Do not forget that it is a social network, and as social as it is, you must interact with your followers, comment on other photos, like and respond to all comments and messages efficiently. You will be more real the more you talk to them. You can even use the photos of your followers on your profile (user-generated content), just like Nescafe and Starbucks do, they are committed to using
the best photos of their followers in their own grid.
7. Highlight your stories. Be sure to publish similar content or any stories that have a high impact, which you think is useful for your users and is something you do not want to disappear after 24 hours. Therefore, you can anchor them and even create collections on the same theme (you can also create covers). It is a very prominent use by influencers.
8. Create contests. This is one of the best ways to increase your followers quickly. And the best tricks to optimize results is to have an eye-catching prize, facilitate participation (for example, tat users naming each other through comments) and if you can, lean on influencers. A good example is this Vueling promo.
9. Advertising. Yes, and a thousand times yes! It is the network of the moment and therefore, it is advertising effectiveness quotas which are quite high. Include Instagram in your advertising campaigns, as Facebook has a high degree of segmentation which will allow you to reach your target audience. With Instagram ads you can create ads on Instagram.
10. Be fun and original. Find the enjoyment and interest of your audience and not the profits you can get. A dose of everyday life is one of the ingredients of Instagram´s success recipe. users want to feel an emotional connection to the brands they follow on Instagram. And this network is without doubt the perfect platform for the broadcast of your brand's voice.
Some brands that have done very well on Instagram
Do you want to know how to do what you do very well? To continue, and closing the publication, the brands that have added to an Instagram in a productive way and the results of their presence are shown.
- Lego. Join the content that interest your audience and do it in the best way possible.
- GoPro. Instagram has been used to show more everyday use of their cameras.
- Mercadona. This company tells real stories and does it through its employees.