A dashboard for a brand's online reputation
The main purpose of monitoring the online reputation of a brand in a dashboard is to avoid the noise. The big data generated by mentions of brands in social media are surrounded by an informative noise that needs to be separated from the analysis. Communication in social networks generates such amount of information in the public that it is impossible to measure it with a manual process. It usually happens that the excess of information caused by constant noise leads to malpractice. For example, extract an opinion of who is in charge of the networks or a general feeling that cannot be concretized in productive conclusions for the communication team.
Two words that Millennials created
This happens because among all this amount of information, we have the noise of the well-known "trolls", basically those who publish irrelevant messages with the sole intention of provoking response and not with a real interest in the subject that is debated in the community. There are also the Haters, those who have a real animosity towards a person or a brand, and who will destructively criticize any news that is published about us.
In addition to this noise, we also find information relevant to the communication of brands, such as new ideas proposed by the users themselves, arguments, and interesting points of view about issues related to our business, and even on occasion, recognition or thanks of members of the community.
Why information is important to manage reputation
Below, we list three premises that we must always take into account when facing a job containing these characteristics.
1. They are not data, it is information
There is a paradox in recent times, and that despite having a lot of information, we despise it. Knowing the opinion of our target audience would be the dream of any marketing professional decades ago. Today we have this information available to guide the communication or action of a company.
- Ethics is mentioned in a more negative tone than any other word. It seems that the ability of the machine to interact with the human being generates some doubts about how this can be applied in an uncontrolled way.
- Both Amazon and Alexa are mentioned with a much more positive polarity than Google.
Seeing these results, we could recommend to Google some actions for its next annual conference, as it seems that this time the coverage of this conference has been more to favor Amazon than themselves.
2. Decisiones basadas en datos
Sometimes we make business decisions based on intuitions we have about out audience. Having objective data allows us to have certainty in these decisions.
3. Internal Communication
If you are the marketing manager of a company you will know that one of the most important battles is for the rest of the company to become aware of the importance of communication in the rest of the activity. The use of real indicators can help you evangelize from within.
“Faced with this 'avalanche' of information, the solution can only be technological.”
What technology offers us for online reputation
The manual processing of the data is unaffordable in time and costs. For this reason, we have developed a brand panel where we can find the information provided by the different channels in an orderly and decision-oriented way.
Social networks, advertising platforms or web analytics tools allow us to extract a lot of information but in a tedious manual process that undermines efficiency. This happens because many hours are dedicated to the extraction and processing of these data so that they are understandable and provide us with information.
What data sources can be integrated?
- Insights of Facebook pages with Facebook insights.
- Performance of videos with YouTube Analytics.
- Results of Twitter Posts.
- Data from online advertising platforms:
- Google Ads
- Facebook Ads
- Twitter Ads
- Programmatic Purchase Platforms
- Web analytics with Google Analytics.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO):
- Google Search Console
- Public information through scraping web tools.
- csv data files extracted from other tools.
- News extraction with Google Alerts.
What can be done with this data?
With the extraction and centralization of all these data you can get interesting business conclusions when we start to do a deeper treatment of the data. The incorporation of programming languages allows us to obtain even more interesting conclusions through different techniques such as:
- Text mining, these techniques allow us to obtain relevant information from text bodies.
- Keyword analysis
- Word frequency
- Sentiment Analysis
In this post about Big Data we put an interesting example based on the last Google l / O conference
- Statistical analysis, through statistical algorithms, we can draw even more interesting conclusions.
- Regression, useful to investigate the relationship between different metrics.
- Forecasting, to make predictions of the future.
- Clustering, to group values according to a criterion of similarity.
A smart dashboard by INNN
Thanks to the automation of the process, we developed a scorecard updated daily with the activity data in social networks.
- Flexible. The scorecard is fully configurable in an agile way, so after a review between the INNN Agency and the client we can define exactly what we are going to measure in these scorecards.
- Simple. We will try to direct our gaze towards the main KPIs that answer the questions posed at the beginning. With a multitude of graphics available, all the information will be simple to understand.
- Updated. The report will be accessible through a link shared by all the members of the team, and will be updated daily thanks to the own tool.
- Comparative. All metrics will have their corresponding percentage comparison with the previous period, and the report will have a range of dates available for personalized queries.
Visit in this link a sample of a dashboard, where we observe the results of two social networks, the objectives of the web as well as the performance of different landing pages or mentions in social networks with an assessment of the associated feeling.
In addition to these data, we can include all those mentioned in the previous point. If you want to request a demo of the possible uses of this scorecard applied to your company, contact us and we will work on your case.